ROTARY AUSTRALIA NEW ZEALAND STUDENT EXCHANGE 2019
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST DEADLINE: 30th June 2018
FULL APPLICATIONS due: 31st July 2018
To participate in the exchange you should:
- Be a good average all-round student with wide interests.
- Have a sound general knowledge.
- Have a responsible attitude.
- Be of good character.
- Have the ability to mix well.
- Have a willingness to enter fully into the Exchange.
Note: Sons and daughters of Rotarians are eligible to apply.
WHAT IS THE EXCHANGE
The exchange runs between families in Australia and New Zealand.
A student in one country is matched with a student from the other country.
Each student spends one school term living in the other’s home and attending their school. In 2019 the Australian students will live in New Zealand in School Term 2, and in Term 3 the students from New Zealand will live in Australia. This Rotary Student Exchange program is available to students aged between 13 ½ and 16 years on the 1st January 2019 (a Date of Birth between 1 January 2003 and 1 July 2005).
HOW WILL THE EXCHANGE BENEFIT THE STUDENT
- Each student is sponsored by a Rotary Club.
- The student’s School must agree to support the Exchange by signing a School consent form.
- The exchange program offers an opportunity to be away from home and be “independent” in a supervised environment, the experience of being part of another family and attending another school in another country.
- Other opportunities include personal development and growth, a building of confidence and maturity as well as learning to budget, taking responsibility for their own decisions and actions.
- Attending school is mandatory and academic progress can be continued.
HOW TO APPLY
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM
This form must be filled in [ NZ Students or AUS Students ] before 30th June 2018 or be presented at an Interest Meeting.
A full application form will either be sent out or handed to the applicant at the Interest Meeting.
The full application form must be returned by 31st July 2018.
A non-refundable administration fee of A$200 must be returned with the Application form.
Applicants and their parents will be interviewed in the family home by members of the sponsoring Rotary clubs. Suitable students are recommended to the Rotary District Selection Committees.
The Rotary District Selection Committee will then arrange to interview all recommended applicants and their parents to select students to participate in the programme.
Acceptance to the exchange will depend on a suitable student match being available. It may not be possible to match up every successful applicant.
Students are notified if their application is successful on 1st December each year.